A tentative booking is a booking that occupies the calendar but has not been confirmed and, therefore, has a set expiration date. This is useful for bookings where payment is not yet received. When the tentative expiration date passes, the booking is automatically removed from the live calendar.
Placing a Tentative Booking:
To add a booking:
- Click on Booking Manager in the left menu:
- Click on the Add Booking button top right
- Enter the arrival and departure dates, name of the guest, guest email, address, phone number and Booking category
- Enter any comments that are specific to this reservation
- If Pool Heat is required, check this box
- If you would like to place a hold on the property, check the Tentative Booking checkbox and apply the tentative booking expiry date.
- Once completed, click Add Reservation to enter.
Confirming a Tentative Booking
To confirm a tentative booking and convert to a confirmed reservation,
- Click on the General tab and then click the Tentative Booking tab and
- Click Confirm
- Clicking Expire will instantly remove the booking and place it into your saved quotes
- Press Save once complete